Mazda Miata Tein Street Flex Coilover 1990-2005
These coilovers are full length adjustable. You can keep your preload settings the same at any height. Also you can adjust the stiffness and softness of the shock. This is perfect for someone who is more interested in the performance of their car. Adjustability lets you go from street to race driving in seconds. You can add a EDFC System and electronically control your shock's settings inside the cabin. Active EDFC can change your car's specs ON THE FLY AS YOU DRIVE AUTOMATICALLY! This is almost cheating! Add the GPS unit and you have your suspension tune itself as you drive.
The Street Flex damper is the evolution of our popular Type Flex coilover. Developed to provide the ultimate balance of comfort and performance for both street driving and circuit use, along with wide-range damping force adjustment using our new Advance Needle technology and new damper valving specs, giving the driver a much more noticeable feel in damping force change and controllability. The shortened shell case design provides optimum damper stroke at lower than standard vehicle ride height. Full-length adjustability offers separate spring preload and ride height adjustment. Updated internal components and external coatings increase durability and product life. Includes Pillowball Upper Mounts (camber adjustable for strut type applications) and is compatible with the EDFC and EDFC Active systems.
• Steel Construction
• Twin Tube Internal Construction
• Full-Length Adjustable via Threaded Body and Spring Seat/Seat Locks
• 16-Way Damping Adjustable (simultaneous compression and rebound)
• New Damper Valving Specifications for Improved Street Comfort
• Incorporated Advance Needle Design (nearly 200% improvement over predecessor)
• Pillowball Upper Mounts for increased steering feedback
• Camber Adjustable for Strut Type Front Suspensions
• Larger Piston Diameter (22mm O.D.) for Strut Type
• EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller)/EDFC Active Compatible
• Powdercoated Brackets and ZT Coated Shellcase for Outstanding Rust Prevention
• One Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects
Contents of damper kit
4x Adjustable shock absorber
4x Steel / bearing upper mounts
4x Main spring
4x Lower spring seat
12x Spring Seat lock
4x Bump rubber
4x Dust cover, boot
2x Hook spanner
Improved oil seal and ring nut with dust-discharge groove on side are used. Such new and advanced parts improve the durability, preventing the contamination by foreign matters which can lead to the reduction of product life.
High-Quality yet Affordable!
Fundamental structure, persistently being improved and matured over the past 15 years, is now reviewed in terms of VA & VE and 40% of its existing components are re-designed. With this, the durability against oil leaks and/or aged deterioration is well improved and the operating noise is reduced. Also, the introduction of new production processes improves the productive efficiency and hence the overall cost is well reduced. This new product is sure to satisfy wide variety of users; from novice to expert.
Tough Anti-Rust Treatment!
The patented "2-layer/1-bake" treatment using anti-rust powder paint is applied on top of the blast finish to the base surface. On shell case, TEIN's self-developed one-of-a-kind "ZT Coating" is applied, for tougher protection against chipping, often caused by bounced pebbles and rust. We are confident that people living in snowfall area or near seashores would even be very satisfied.
Smooth Ride Height Adjustment!
STREET FLEX has adopted the new wrought aluminum spring seats and low-friction hard-resin thrust washers. These effectively reduces the friction with springs, caused during ride height adjustment, and makes it easier to adjust the ride height with pre-load on the springs.
Shell cases are treated with "ZT Coating", a superlow-friction fluorine resin coating, which is tightly baked onto the surface in-house. This special coating provides superior protection against rust and high lubricity, for keeping a smooth adjustment for a long period.
STREET FLEX is compatible with all EDFC series, including "EDFC ACTIVE". With EDFC, damping force can be adjusted easily from the driver's seat, allowing drivers to take full advantage of widened damping force range, made possible by ADVANCE Needle, easily and conveniently.
* Full-Length Ride Height Adjustment Feature - Ride Height Adjustment with Little or No Change in Ride Quality
* Twin-Tube Structure- For Low Resiliency & Securing Sufficient Stroke
* Damping Force Adjustment System - 16-level Linear Damping Force Adjustment System
* Complete Kit with Upper Mount - Exclusively Designed Upper Mounts are Included (Except Some Models)
* 1-Full-Car-Kit - Full Suspension Kit of 4 Springs & 4 Dampers