OS Giken Mazda Miata SuperLock LSD
Four years of extensive research and development lead to a new and revolutionary LSD design with the capacity to house an unprecedented number of friction plates (up to 28 plates in total) and thus the OS Super Lock LSD was born. The increased number of plates directly has not only dramatically improved our LSD design’s locking force and enables it to lock fully and completely. An added benefit to being a fully locking mechanism is that less heat is generated, thus resulting in incredible durability.
• A true 100% locking LSD: No movement of internal parts means less heat is generated while in operation and less wear of the friction disks. Less initial torque loss and incredible longevity and durability can be realized. Tested for 35,000km with no signs of wear.
• Straight line stability: During a drag race, our LSD will lock 100% and provide torque equally to each powered wheel. Stable and straight runs will result thus eliminating torque steer in FF applications and lower the chance of driveshaft breakage.
• Customizable: Lock timing can be adjusted by setting the spring inside the pressure ring. Tune the LSD to custom fit any specification and set-up of your desired vehicle and driving style/ skill level for optimum performance. (SPEC-X ONLY)
For Mazda Miata Years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005
• By using a pressure control ring, the LSD responds smoothly to the application of initial torque. Lock engagement is smooth and the impact vibration is significantly reduced. This increases the stability of the vehicle and allows more freedom for the driver to trace the desired racing line.
• On snow tracks and regions with unstable road conditions, our OS Super Lock LSD easily adapts and adjusts tire rotation to increase vehicle stability. Bad weather and harsh road conditions are not a problem when the vehicle is equipped with an OS Super Lock LSD.
• Less understeer during cornering: When entering into a corner with the throttle closed, the spring inside the pressure control ring will react accordingly and immediately return the differentials internal components to the original initial torque settings and thus create less understeer. With a conditional differential, however, there will be a lapse of time before returning to the initial torque settings, as it takes time for the cone springs to react and make contact with the friction disc in order to close the pressure ring.
• When exiting from a corner, our LSD’s transition to the full 100% lock position is smooth and predictable. This gives the vehicle better traction and stability, resulting in better lap times while racing.
• OS Giken Super Lock LSDs do not require any break in process. The unit is comprised of parts that have been precisely machined to exact specifications and are ready to use upon installation.