Stillen Mazda Miata Rear Cross Drilled & Slotted 1-Piece Sport Rotors 1994-2005
Cross drilled and slotted rotors combine the best features of a slotted rotor and a cross drilled rotor. Fewer holes mean longer brake pad life with no penalty in the way of initial brake pad bite. The improved bite and cooling from the cross drilled pattern combined with the ventilation and pad out gassing offered by the slots offers the best of both worlds.
When you look through the wheel of a vehicle and you see the aggressive cross drilled slotted pattern, you know that driver is serious about performance! STILLEN's cross drilled and slotted rotors are engineered to bolt directly to your factory braking system and require no modifications. The average driver will not notice any excess wear or decrease in durability over a cross drilled or slotted rotor.
Features of STILLEN Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors:
- Combines the benefits of cross-drilling and slotting for the best of both worlds.
- Fewer holes mean longer pad life with little penalty in the way of initial pad bite.
- Additional leading edges offer improved brake pad grip.
- Under hard use, cross drilled holes provide better cooling.
- Holes are radius-chamfered with special tooling, minimizing stress-risers for maximum resistance to heat and longer rotor life compared to lower-priced cross drilled and slotted rotor offerings.
- CAD software is used to design and test the optimum face pattern for full pad sweep, reduced hot spots and minimal grooving.
- Rotors arrive finished, machine-balanced and ready to install!
- If you're into high performance driving or push your vehicle's limits on the track, then a cross drilled and slotted rotor is for you. If you drive in a mountainous environment where hard braking is the norm, a cross drilled and slotted rotor is for you as well. The everyday driver who is serious about the styling of their vehicle and enjoys maximum braking performance will be more than satisfied with a cross drilled and slotted rotor.
For optimum braking performance, we recommend pairing your new Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors with a set of high performance brake pads and steel brake lines.